in ,

Footage shows the moment two London officers were stabbed in London

Footage shows the moment two London officers were stabbed in London

This is the dramatic moment police detained a man less than a mile from the queue for the Queen – after two police officers were stabbed.

Footage shot by taxi driver Youssef Boucetta, 27, shows a man being pinned to the ground near Leicester Square at around 6am today.

The cabbie says one officer was heard ‘screaming ‘I’ve been stabbed” before he used his jacket to help.

A female police officer suffered potentially life-changing injuries while her colleague was stabbed in the neck after they were attacked by a ‘frenzied’ knifeman in London’s West End this morning.

A young female police officer suffered a serious stab wound through a vein in her arm, leading to ‘massive blood loss’ which may be life-changing, while the other officer was stabbed three times in the neck and once in the chest, but should make a full recovery, Scotland Yard said.

Mr Boucetta was on his way to pick up a passenger from Heathrow Airport when the incident took place in front of him.

He said: ‘I was there when the stabbings happened. It was very disturbing, especially seeing the female officer had been stabbed.

‘I was just out on a job heading to pick someone up at Heathrow airport. First of all I saw this female officer appear from around the corner with blood on her arm.

‘She was screaming ‘I’ve been stabbed, I’ve been stabbed’, so I quickly got out my car with my jacket and wrapped it around her.

‘Then these two male officers came around the corner.

‘More police officers appeared from McDonalds. They surrounded the guy and Tasered him like five times because he had a knife.’

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said today: ‘This attack on serving police officers in Soho overnight is utterly appalling.

‘These brave officers were doing their duty and assisting the public at this momentous time for our country.’

The officers – both attached to the Met’s Central West Command Unit – were carrying out routine duties and were not part of the wider policing operation in place following the death of the Queen.

They were attacked while on patrol, after being called to reports of a man with a blade near Leicester Square around 6am this morning.

A Taser was deployed on a man in his 20s, described as being of north African origin, who was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and assaulting an emergency worker. He was taken to hospital and is now being held in custody.

It happened in the area of Haymarket and Coventry Street, before the man was stopped near the junction of Shaftesbury Avenue and Great Windmill Street.

Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stuart Cundy said the attack in is not thought to be linked to terrorism, or the death of the Queen.

Speaking at Scotland Yard on Friday morning, Sir Mark said that both officers are now in a stable condition.

He said the female officer challenged the man after suspecting him of carrying a knife, and he stabbed her in the arm before attempting to flee.

‘Her colleague chases down the offender, catches him – a tussle ensues – that officer is stabbed three times in the neck and once in the chest,’ Sir Mark told reporters.

The alleged knifeman was reportedly behaving erratically when officers approached him.

He was initially compliant before pulling out a knife and launching a frenzied attack on the two officers, it was reported.

The incident was initially a completely routine stop with unarmed officers attempting to try and help him before they were stabbed.

In a media briefing following the stabbing, Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) deputy assistant commissioner Stuart Cundy said a knife has been recovered from the scene and an investigation was underway.

‘An incident such as this is always something we’re very mindful of at major events and operations,’ Mr Cundy added.

In the aftermath of the stabbing, officers from outside the West End rushed into the city centre as the capital prepares to host the Queen’s funeral – considered the most challenging event police and the security services have faced in peacetime.

Mr Khan said he had spoken with new Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley about the ‘awful incident’ and remained in close contact with him.

He continued: ‘Attacks against the police will not be tolerated and any perpetrators will be caught and prosecuted.

Watch the video below:




drop your comment below 👇

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Brazilian man records his girlfriend's 'nekedness' after he caught her red-handed cheating

Brazilian man records his girlfriend’s ‘nekedness’ after he caught her red-handed cheating

Prank gone wrong: Man gets beat up and almost got shot after pranking a 'gangster' inside a parking garage (Video)

Prank gone wrong: Man gets beat up and almost got shot after pranking a ‘gangster’ inside a parking garage (Video)